Tips on How to Download Free Emoticons
Emoticons are images that express emotions in message format. The word was coined out of the terms emotions and icons. The most common emoticon is the smiley face. The symbols are commonly used in online communication and messaging programs. Though messaging applications come with basic emoticons, individuals can download free emoticons to widen their library. This can be done in various ways:
• Download the emoticons of choice by clicking the download button and saving it in the computer hard drive.
• Use the new emoticons in the messaging program.
The search can be narrowed down by looking for those that will work with the particular messaging program one is using. There are different types of emoticons including basic and animated among others. Though most sites offer safe browsing, it is important to be careful when downloading from the internet. Ensure there is active antivirus software on the computer to prevent any possible virus attacks.
Apart from the basic emoticons, people can also download 3D emoticons for free. Though the images may not pop out of the computer screen, they are rendered to offer depth of space which may not be seen in most 2D images. The procedure for downloading free 3D emoticons involves the following:
• Open the browser and navigate to 3D free emoticon download sites. Alternatively, search for free 3D emoticon downloads.
• Navigate through the download site and click on the download link of the desired designs. Though the emoticon may be downloaded free of charge, some websites may require users to key in their e-mail addresses or provide other forms of information.
• Launch the program with which the emoticon will be used on. Depending on the program, click on either the file or edit tab to upload the newly downloaded emoticon. After the upload, the emoticon will now become the default on the messaging application. For instructions on how to use 3D emoticons, refer to the help guide in the IM program.
Another means of getting free emoticons is through simple copy and pasting.
• Navigate to the site and right click on the emoticon of choice, click on “save image as”. This will automatically open a dialog box asking for the location in the hard drive where the image should be saved. Choose a location that is easy to remember and name the emoticon before saving.
• Once saved, the emoticon can then be used in documents or messaging applications.
• To use the emoticon in the program, click on the insert menu and then “picture”, navigate to the image, and click “open”.
The downloaded emoticon can be used on websites, e-mails and other online forums.