Archive for September, 2012
Emoticons are images that express emotions in message format. The word was coined out of the terms emotions and icons. The most common emoticon is the smiley face. The symbols are commonly used in online communication and messaging programs. Though messaging applications come with basic emoticons, individuals can download free emoticons to widen their library. This can be done in various ways:
• Download the emoticons of choice by clicking the download button and saving it in the computer hard drive.
• Use the new emoticons in the messaging program.
The search can be narrowed down by looking for those that will work with the particular messaging program one is using. There are different types of emoticons including basic and animated among others. Though most sites offer safe browsing, it is important to be careful when downloading from the internet. Ensure there is active antivirus software on the computer to prevent any possible virus attacks.
Apart from the basic emoticons, people can also download 3D emoticons for free. Though the images may not pop out of the computer screen, they are rendered to offer depth of space which may not be seen in most 2D images. The procedure for downloading free 3D emoticons involves the following:
• Open the browser and navigate to 3D free emoticon download sites. Alternatively, search for free 3D emoticon downloads.
• Navigate through the download site and click on the download link of the desired designs. Though the emoticon may be downloaded free of charge, some websites may require users to key in their e-mail addresses or provide other forms of information.
• Launch the program with which the emoticon will be used on. Depending on the program, click on either the file or edit tab to upload the newly downloaded emoticon. After the upload, the emoticon will now become the default on the messaging application. For instructions on how to use 3D emoticons, refer to the help guide in the IM program.
Another means of getting free emoticons is through simple copy and pasting.
• Navigate to the site and right click on the emoticon of choice, click on “save image as”. This will automatically open a dialog box asking for the location in the hard drive where the image should be saved. Choose a location that is easy to remember and name the emoticon before saving.
• Once saved, the emoticon can then be used in documents or messaging applications.
• To use the emoticon in the program, click on the insert menu and then “picture”, navigate to the image, and click “open”.
The downloaded emoticon can be used on websites, e-mails and other online forums.
Children no longer enjoy a simple game of hopscotch or hide-and-seek in the park. They are all locked up in their homes glued to a certain screen controlling objects and creatures using hand-held devices, either corded or wireless. Toymakers are on a spree to impress the tech-savvy young generation by creating toys that are typically out of this world. With new digital miles being made every day, toys must be manufactured to match up with the technological advancements in play and fun.
There are millions of applications on computer and mobile devices that are geared towards creating entertainment with fun and games. Digital toys are the virtual creatures that appear on these applications. If toymakers are not careful, virtual toys will take over the real tangible pieces that have for so long been the precious part of a child’s life. Early exposure to the digital world has made children more aware of their digital content needs. Imaginations are screaming all over and toymakers have been harnessing them to create toys of the future. There is competition between toymakers and virtual content developers in a bid to control the fun and games industry. That is why they have had to think ahead and create the toys of the future. Toys have been developed to achieve this great fete and managed to remain relevant to the digital generation. Anki Drive A car that is able to drive itself is now available. Just lay the racetrack on the floor and control it with an iPhone as a remote. The two devices connect using Bluetooth. This toy car follows the racetrack lines using optical sensors that enable it to use an invisible guideline. The fascinating characteristic of Anki Drive is that it is able to sense objects and other cars along its racetrack. It can engage other cars in a race and even use virtual weapons to throw them off the track. Currently, the game is just an app available at iTune App Store for free. The real life virtual development is yet to be released yet it is already sending waves as a big scorer among the toys of the future. WowWee AppGear Toys The toys in this development come alive when placed before an Android or iOS device once the device is unlocked. One game in this collection known as Akodomon allows children to raise virtually real pets. These pets even communicate with the child. Fancy raising a pet using a phone? Welcome to toys of the future, where every toy is digitally controlled. Animal Planet Nuko This is a kind of explorative card game whereby kids will be able to place a card on the screen of an iOS device and the animal on the card comes alive. These are wild animals found in Serengeti.